How to give condolences in the right way? Without being out of line or exaggerated?
We help you at Funeral Logistics-with this little guide-to turn your thoughts to those who have just suffered a loss and show closeness.
First we can give you some advice on how to address a person who has just suffered the loss of a loved one. Of course, the approach always depends on the level of confidence and relationship you have with this person; you might try to imagine how you would like him or her to address you otherwise, to figure out the tone to use.
Remember not to distort yourself too much. It is better to come across as true, sincere and address words you really feel than to come across as constructed and distant by repeating things you do not feel. A person who is grieving generally always prefers to receive a word, even a short one, and a gesture, even a simple one, the important thing is that it is true in intention.
Finding the right words for condolence messages is not at all easy, so here is a list of simple and short phrases for condolences.
- I am close to you in grief.
- Please accept my deepest condolences.
- The loss of a loved one is always a big wound.
- There is nothing that can ease the pain, but know that I am close to you.
- I know how difficult it is to overcome such grief; I wish you all the strength you need.
- I am grateful for all the good times you shared with the missing person.
- I am very sorry for your loss.
- I know how difficult it is to accept the fact that your loved one is gone forever.
- I hope you will recover from the pain soon.
- I am close to you with all my heart.
- I am here to support you in any way I can.
- I wish I could help you get through this difficult time, but I know it is not possible.
- I know there is nothing I can do to ease your pain, but please accept my condolences.
- I hope you find the strength to move forward.
- I hope the memory of the missing person gives you strength to face the future.
- I am close to you with all my heart and pray to God to grant you the strength to move forward.
- I know it is not easy, but please do not give up.
- The person you miss will always be close to you in your hearts.
- Don’t forget all the good times you shared with the person you miss.
- You are going through a difficult time, but you are strong and will make it through.
In recent times it is not uncommon to find oneself having to write a condolence message on WhatsApp or Facebook. In a sense these new systems have replaced the now old telegram and other more formal or “serious” methods.
Considering the nature of these apps, thus ways of friendly and light-hearted messaging, care must be taken when having to send condolences on WhatsApp. There is no problem, the important thing is to address a thought to the person who is experiencing the moment of grief!
All it takes is a few tricks: don’t use emoji, gifs or stickers!
In the message write whatever you prefer, of course always keeping in mind the type of relationship you have with the recipient. Receiving words of comfort is always good!
How do you respond to condolences?
One can respond in various ways, depending on one’s feelings. Some examples:
- Thank you for your words of comfort. I am really grateful for your support.
- There are times when it is difficult to find the right words, but your gesture of closeness is greatly appreciated.
- I am grateful for your support at this difficult time.
Of course, if the other person has sent a more substantial and intimate message, feel free to respond as you wish even opening up.
On the other hand, if you don’t feel like answering, you don’t have to! Or anyway, you can always procrastinate to a time when you feel like it–of course, the writer will fully understand.
If you have any questions or concerns contact us.
Also follow us on Social Networks!
> Cheap Funeral Rome > Cremation Funeral Cost Rome
> Cheap Funeral East Rome > Cheap Funeral Cost Rome
> Cremation St. John > Rome Burial
> Funeral Rome Center > Rome Body Dressing
> Rome Funeral Services> Rome Funeral Home
> Rome Funeral Home > Rome Funeral Quote
> Cheap Funerals Rome > Rome Funeral Prices
> Rome Funeral Home > Rome Funerals Price
> St. John’s Funeral Home> Ash Dispersal Rome
> St. John’s Funeral Home> Inhumation Rome
> Funeral in Rome> Rome Funeral Flowers